There are some subjects where I have made a series of posts which follow a logical sequence, though they may not have been posted in that order and may supersede or update earlier posts on the same topic. To assist myself and other readers, I provide ordered links to posts that form a series about a specific topic.
- What is consciousness
- Annaka Harris on the fundamental mystery of consciousness
- Consciousness Explained or Ignored: A review of Daniel Dennett
- The hard problem of consciousness: David Chalmers and The Conscious Mind
- The “real” problem of consciousness: a review of Being You by Anil Seth
- Consciousness and free will – Part 1
- Consciousness and free will – Part 2
Deep Ancestry: maternal and paternal migration paths out of Africa (2019-2021)
- Deep maternal ancestry and mtDNA: explains the use of mitochondrial DNA.
- Mitochondrial Eve -an update: on our most recent common maternal ancestor
- My maternal ancestors from Eve via ice age Europe to Victorian England (U5 haplogroup)
- Tracing my paternal ancestors through y-dna: The use of Y chromosome DNA
- Y-chromosomal Adam: our last common paternal ancestor
- My paternal ancestors from Adam via ice age Siberia to the steppes of Europe
- My paternal ancestors’ European journey from the Caspian steppes to Celtiberia
Human evolution (2020)
- Our Asgardian ancestors: the evolution of eukaryotic cells
- Becoming human Part 1: The evolution of pre-human species from 35 Mya to 2 Mya.
- Becoming human Part 2: The evolution of humans over the last two million years.